The Seattle Open
The Seattle Open is our annual high school improv tournament, bringing together teams from local high schools to compete in a three-round competition held at the Jet City Improv theater.
All high-school improvisational theater teams from around the Northwest are welcome to participate.
The best part? This program is entirely free! Students will not pay any registration fees, participation fees, or workshop fees, nor are they required to hire a Jet City Improv teaching artists as a coach in order to be eligible. We believe in providing an environment for young improvisers to develop their skills outside of their normal rehearsal environment in order to prepare them to join tomorrow’s community of thoughtful, collaborative, and talented improv actors.
Read on to learn more, or click here to register for the Seattle Open!
The 2016-2017 dates:
- March 12th – Preliminaries
- March 18th and 19th – Semifinals, professional workshops, and finals.
Rules of application:
- Teams must register using the form below by February 29, 2017
- Teams must be available for all performance and workshop dates: March 12, 18 and 19. Not all teams will advance to each round.
- Any type of improvisation is welcome (short-form, long-form, musical improv, etc).
- Teams are limited to 12 students.
- Teams do not need to have faculty representative or coach present to compete
What participants get:
- FREE participation. There is no fee to compete.
- Up to 3 opportunities to perform on the Jet City Improv stage
- Feedback and notes from professional improvisers judging the competition
- Access to a free professional workshop taught by a Jet City Improv teaching artist during the second weekend
What the winners get:
- A trophy!
- An invitation to join a Jet City Improv rehearsal to see Seattle’s finest improvisers behind the scenes and at work.
- The opportunity to have a special performance (TBA!).
The preliminary, semi-final, and final performances schedule will be available as soon as registration closes. Again, please be sure your team is available for all performance and workshop dates (March 12, 18, and 19).
Want to submit your team? Just use the form below!
Registration is NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- 2015-2016 – SHEILA, Ingraham High School
- 2014-2015 – SHANNON, Ingraham High School
- 2013-2014 – Challengers of the Improv-ssible, Charles Wright Academy
- 2012-2013 – Kamiak High School
- 2011-2012 –
- 2010-2011 – Bishop Blanchet High School
- 2009-2010 – Eastlake High School