Dramatic Improv with Nick Edwards
Do you love all the possibilities of narrative improv? Did you enjoy the drama and nuance in our recent run of Claim of Thrones? Do you want to heighten your acting chops and improv skills at the same time? This dramatic improv intensive is for you!
In this 4-week intensive, Nick Edwards will lead you through dramatic, narrative improv techniques that were used to create the smash-hit Claim of Thrones.
In this class, you will:
– Study and practice dramatic improv techniques in an engaging and physical environment
– Learn monologue skills to incorporate on stage
– Engage with narrative arc and emotional reality as tools to use in non-comedic improv
– Connect and play with similarly experienced improvisers and develop ensemble
This class is targeted towards intermediate to advanced improvisers – we recommend being enrolled in or having completed at least Improv 103, or having similar experience!
When: Mondays, August 19th-September 9th, from 7-9:30PM*
Note: There WILL be class on Labor Day.
Instructor: Nick Edwards
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Nick Edwards is a director, actor (scripted and improvised), writer and is filled with the bright light of Esta co-directing Claim of Thrones alongside Alison and the rest of our amazing team. He previously directed incarnations of the improvised set-inspired Trespass. Previous Jet City Improv Presents shows include Uncle Mike Ruins Christmas, What If, Upside Downton, Funbucket, Final Transmission, Lease, Lovetanic, The Declaration, and Hogwash, among other improvised work such as Wagner’s Sketches (Seattle Opera). Most recent projects were acting in A Bright Room Called Day (Williams Project); writing a play about the travel ban called Banned From Entry (18th & Union); and directing/writing/performing with 14/48: The World’s Quickest Theater Festival (Seattle, Leicester, Wolverhampton). Nick is an ensemble member of Funbucket and an ensemble emeritus of Jet City Improv.
Questions about our classes? Email email@example.com for more information!
Current and prospective students can find our Jet City Improv Academy policies here.
Seattle’s Littlest Performers – 5214 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.
- Tuition can only be fully refunded if student contacts Jet City Improv one or more weeks prior to the date of the first class.
- Refund or deferment requests received after that time are not eligible for a refund or deferment.
- Please contact the Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 206.352.8291 regarding questions about payment, refunds, and deferment.
- We do not offer make up sessions for classes you do not attend.
- All classes are subject to a change in day/time/venue/instructor.
- This class has a maximum of 14 students.