The Seattle Open
In light of SPS-closures, the 2020 Seattle Open has been postponed.
Check back for new dates soon.
The Seattle Open is our annual high school improv tournament, bringing together teams from local high schools to compete in a three-round competition held at the Jet City Improv theater.
All high-school improvisational theater teams from around the Northwest are welcome to participate.
The best part? This program is entirely free! Students will not pay any registration fees, participation fees, or workshop fees, nor are they required to hire a Jet City Improv teaching artists as a coach in order to be eligible. We believe in providing an environment for young improvisers to develop their skills outside of their normal rehearsal environment in order to prepare them to join tomorrow’s community of thoughtful, collaborative, and talented improv actors.
Read on to learn more about the Seattle Open! Registration is NOW OPEN.
The original 2019-2020 dates:
- March 29th – Preliminaries
- Preliminary rounds will occur between 11AM and 5PM
- April 4th – Semi-Finals
- Semi-Final rounds will occur between 12PM and 5PM
- April 5th – Professional workshops, and Finals.
- Workshop: 11:00AM
- Finals: 2:00PM
NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
New dates will be posted soon.
Rules of application:
- Teams must register using the form below by February 15th, 2020
- Teams must be available for all performance and workshop dates: March 29th, April 4th, and April 5th. Not all teams will advance to each round.
- Any type of improvisation is welcome (short-form, long-form, musical improv, etc).
- Teams are limited to 12 students.
- Teams do not need to have faculty representative or coach present to compete
What participants get:
- FREE participation. There is no fee to compete.
- Up to 2 opportunities to perform on the Jet City Improv stage
- Feedback and notes from professional improvisers judging the competition
- Access to a free professional workshop taught by a Jet City Improv teaching artist during the second weekend
What the winners get:
- A trophy!
- An invitation to join a Jet City Improv rehearsal to see Seattle’s finest improvisers behind the scenes and at work.
Want to submit your team? Just use the form below!
Registration is closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- 2018-2019 – Garfield
- 2016-2017 – SHEILA, Ingraham High School
- 2015-2016 – SHEILA, Ingraham High School
- 2014-2015 – SHANNON, Ingraham High School
- 2013-2014 – Challengers of the Improv-ssible, Charles Wright Academy
- 2012-2013 – Kamiak High School
- 2011-2012 –
- 2010-2011 – Bishop Blanchet High School
- 2009-2010 – Eastlake High School