Character Intensive with Kayla Teel
Jet City Improv invites you to ignite your character-creation skills with this intensive, taught by
Matchelorette director Kayla Teel. Take advantage of our virtual platform to get up close and
personal with your new favorite characters to play!
In this 4-session workshop, Kayla will help you:
–– Create nuanced and compelling characters
–– Develop and practice specific characters that you can return to or build on –– Perform and receive critical feedback on solo, character-driven pieces
Are you feeling stymied by playing the same characters again and again? Do you worry that your characters are one-dimensional, especially now that you’re playing behind a screen? Are you excited about diving deep into character study? Then this workshop is for you!
When: Thursdays July 23rd – August 13th, 6:00-8:00PM Pacific Time
Where: Virtually, via Zoom
Instructor: Kayla Teel
Price: $150 for 4 sessions*
This class is targeted at people who have performed in multiple shows or have taken a couple of classes. We recommend having completed Improv 103, or having equivalent experience. Exceptions may be made in special cases, particularly for folks with a scripted theater or sketch background – if you have questions about whether this is right for you, email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org!
*If price presents a barrier, please reach out to Kate at email@example.com to discuss how we can get you involved.
Kayla is a comedic actor and improviser and resident performer here at Jet City Improv. After completing her BFA in Acting at Central Connecticut State she high-tailed it to Seattle to begin feeding her comedy addiction by doing stand up, writing and performing sketch, and taking improv classes. Past JCI Presents shows include 8 to 6, The Nightmare Society, Uncle Mike Ruins Christmas, Periods in History, Austen Translation, and Solid is the New Stripes.
Questions about our classes? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Virtually, via Zoom.
Link will be shared the week of the first class, with registered students only.
– Tuition can only be fully refunded if student contacts Jet City Improv one or more weeks prior to the date of the first class.
– Refund requests received after one week prior to the date of the first class are not eligible for a refund.
– Students may choose to defer their tuition up to 3 days prior to the class. Deferment requests received after that date are not eligible for a refund or deferment.
– Please contact the Education Director at email@example.com regarding questions about payment, refunds, and deferment.
– Current and prospective students can find our classroom policies here!
– We do not offer make up sessions for classes you do not attend.
– All classes are subject to a change in day/time/venue/instructor.