Jet City Improv has been Seattle’s premiere improvised theater company in Seattle since 1992.
To educate, enlighten, and entertain audiences through the art of improvisation
Each of these three values are sustained in the three branches of our organization: our SHOWS, our CLASSES, and our OUTREACH.
You can see up to 6 fully-improvised shows on our stage every weekend of the year. Over the course of any month, you’ll see a tremendous variety of different styles and forms of improv:
- Our flagship all-ages appropriate audience-interactive show (Jet City Improv) which is now in its 29th year
- Our live and improvised movie re-dubbing show (Twisted Flicks), now in its 24th year
- Our improvised plays: feature-length shows with pre-set themes, costumes, sets, props… everything but a script! Over 100 genre-based shows (such as Claim of Thrones, Lost Folio, Austen Translation, and Britain’s Baking Challenge) have been created on our stage since 2004;
- …as well as more edgy late-night shows (such as Uncle Mike Ruins Christmas, The Nightmare Society, and Periods in History), experimental pieces, festivals, and opening up the stage for guest teams from Seattle’s independent improv scene
We produce a variety of festivals over the course of each season, including:
- The Seattle Festival of Improv Theater, featuring on average 12-15 local improv groups and 12-15 improv groups from across the nation and abroad, all performing over 5 days at 2-3 venues every February
- Improv Month (also known as Guest Fest), a month-long celebration of the variety and diversity of independent improv theams from in and around Seattle
- The NCII (Northwest Collegiate Improv Invitational) - our college improv tournament
- The Seattle Open - our high school improv tournament
We introduce learning and performing improv to people who have never done it before with our 40-week improv training curriculum (known as the Jet City Improv Academy). Improv classes offer people the chance to meet new people, get comfortable being in front of groups, and quite possibly have the time of their life! No prior acting, public speaking, or performance experience necessary for our entry-level courses (Improv 101 and The Improv Dojo). The Improv Academy has 7 levels, as well as specialized drop-in improv jams.
The jewel in our crown is our Outreach program (Improv for Good), in which we provide laughter to kids who need it most, free of charge to the organizations we work with. We offer year-round improv workshops to incarcerated youth and youth experiencing homelessness. Additionally, every summer we perform free shows for children with disabilities and illnesses at over a dozen different camps across the Puget Sound region. These programs are made possible due to our fans’ and supporters’ generous tax-deductible donations. For more information about donating, click here.
Everything that Jet City Improv does - both inside a theater and out in the community for those in need - could not happen without the support of adventurous theater-goers like you. Thank you for supporting the improv in Seattle.